Thursday 2 February 2012

Germany Is Pretty Awesome

Okay, so this blog is a little late but that’s only because I’ve been super busy enjoying my time here. I am finding that my ability to understand a conversation in German has improved greatly, although my speaking ability is still not very good. The class is really helping me to learn grammar and listening to the teacher explain a concept in German is a little difficult at times but very rewarding. 

Am Samstag sind wir in den Schwarzwald gegangen. Es war sehr schön, weil es überall hat geschneit. I’m not sure if I said that right. The Black Forest was so beautiful and because it was my first proper encounter with snow I was sehr excited. I am really enjoying experiencing things here that I cannot see or do in Perth. It is without a doubt that I would not be learning in the way that I am here if I was in Perth. I don’t think that there is anything like experiencing the real thing in order to learn. I would definitely recommend this program to everyone because not only does it assist your learning, it also allows you to be immersed in another culture. 

                                                                   Schwarzwald

Seeing snow, listening to random German conversations on the train, and seeing the Dropkick Murphys last night have been just some of the things that are making this trip worthwhile for me. I am finding that I am really starting to feel at home here. I’ve met some awesome people and I think I could get home from most places in Stuttgart by myself now. It’s taken a little time for me to settle in but now I don’t think I’ll be ready to go home in two weeks. 

I am having a lot of fun and I feel that I have already learnt quite a bit. I think that I’ll definitely have to come back to Germany again because it has been a great experience so far. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Uk4hAp9Ps 
Dropkick Murphys - Going Out In Style

No comments:

Post a Comment